WELCOME TO EXERCISE SUCKS

To read this blog you must agree that exercise sucks but that being unhealthy sucks worse! No exercise freaks allowed.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

ALL THOSE RESOURCES AND STILL NADA

Tonight I spent one hour looking on the Internet for different information about exercise.  I goggled everything from health and wellness to strength training. I was hoping to pull some fun facts that might help keep people moving.  I saved a few cute pics and a fact or two but more importantly, I got something else out of the searching experience- two interesting, mildly anyway, thoughts occurred to me...

1- Wow, there is an amazing amount of information and resources available on the web.
Everything you ever wanted to know about the benefits of exercise is in cyber space available at the touch of your finger tips.  There are quotes, pics, videos and even virtual trainers.    There is info for young/old, rich/poor, beginners/athletes and all the possible things in between.  All of this great information and none of it even remotely made me want to get off my planted ass.  Actually I feel a bit less motivated.  ha

2- If all this information worked we wouldn't be dealing with such an overwhelmingly inactive and unhealthy population in this country.  So, if all the technology, resources, pics, videos, virtual whatever isn't going to work what is?

I think a part of the solution is for each individual to start with knowing yourself (self awareness),  loving yourself (self acceptance), and doing something (action).  Now that's what I'm talking about.

FITNESS MOVE OF THE DAY:  (this is the move for the following day)
Sometime during the course of the day, when you are sitting on a firm chair, do the following: stand up and sit down for one minute straight.  Count how many times you can do that in a minute and let us know.  If you have pain in your knee joints don't do it.  If your muscles get tired keep going.  Oh, make sure your butt touches down each time and keep your hands off your thighs. No cheating people.

Keep Moving

1 comment: