WELCOME TO EXERCISE SUCKS

To read this blog you must agree that exercise sucks but that being unhealthy sucks worse! No exercise freaks allowed.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

KIM COMMITS

We often think of exercise and nutrition when we want to lose weight but remember they can both help with anxiety, stress, and depression.  Just the right amount of exercise/movement can positively impact your mental health.  Also, certain foods can positively impact how we think and feel each day.

BUT don't get overwhelmed by exercise and nutrition.  Small changes can and will produce big benefits.

I know that if I eat a dark green vegetable every day I feel much better (mentally and physically).  So, do I eat one every day?  Ah, no. Hardly ever. ugh.  So, I am making a public commitment to eating a dark green vegetable every day for 30 days- straight.  To some this might sound stupid and easy, and to them I say, "find a different blog" becase to me it sounds daunting.  I ate broccoli yesterday so I am counting that. (I'll take what I can get)  Let the count down begin.

Is there a small change you would like to make for 30 days, that will have big benefits?  Let me know.

FITNESS MOVE OF THE DAY
Stretching is a small changed that can produce huge benefits.  Laying on your back extend on leg down on the ground, bend the other leg up towards your chest. Pull the bent leg in towards your chest and hold for 30 seconds. Switch legs.  If you can't lay on your back do the same move in a chair.  If it hurts to bring your leg toward your chest move in a pain free range, which may be a small movement. Remember to breath deep and smile while you are moving.  (is it lay or lie when talking about a person?)


Keep Moving

No comments:

Post a Comment