WELCOME TO EXERCISE SUCKS

To read this blog you must agree that exercise sucks but that being unhealthy sucks worse! No exercise freaks allowed.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

NERD SATURDAY RULES

Those who know me might know this already but I must confess that I am a nerd.  I have some massive nerdy tendencies that can not be denied.  Take for example my Saturday morning routine:

I love to get up before the sun on Saturday morning.  I go to the grocery store before anyone is up.  I like to stop at my favorite gas station and get my car washed, put all recyclable water bottles in the bin, have a nice cup of coffee and enjoy a quiet productive morn.  Nerdy I know, but you can't fight who you are.  This morn I got up a extra early to blog a bit.  Maybe the most nerdy part about it all is how exciting it is to me and how proud I am of myself, ha.  For me the lesson is don't fight who you are, know yourself and be it loud and proud.

What are you going to do this weekend that is for you? What brings you joy? Happiness increases the chances of you exercising/moving. It is true that small amounts of exercise can help with mode and even dramatically impact depression but it is also true that if you are feeling mentally good the chances of you moving are higher.  We all agree that exercise sucks, but is essential, so we need to find anything we can do to increase the likely hood of us exercising/moving and getting fitter.

MOVE OF THE DAY
Stand on a step with just your toes on the step and the remainder of your feet of the edge. You may want to hold on to a railing or the wall.  Do calf raises up and down.  Your entire body will be in one straight line moving up and down.  Your point of movement will be at your ankle.  The main work load will be in your calves, hamstrings and butt.  Do this 20 times and see how it feels. If you were not sore the next day you can increase by 10 a day until you get to 100.  Add when by steps.



Keep Moving

2 comments:

  1. You've got me moving. Off to the steps.

    I'll be sharing your posts on facebook and twitter. I'll title them Keep Moving.

    I'm a huge Sponge Bob fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are moving! Thanks for sharing the blog and you really can't beat spongebob. :)

    Keep Moving

    ReplyDelete