WELCOME TO EXERCISE SUCKS

To read this blog you must agree that exercise sucks but that being unhealthy sucks worse! No exercise freaks allowed.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

PAIN DOESN'T DO THE BODY GOOD

Just baked some pumpkin seeds. Yum!  If it didn't sound like so much work I would gut a few more pumpkins and stock up.

This morning, during my early morning shopping ritual, I stopped at Walmart.  While shopping it was painful for me to watch how in pain some of the employees seemed to be.  It looked like many of them were in extreme pain just trying to make simple movements like bending over, etc.  I spent a little time talking with a few of them, not about exercise, but just about the great coffee choices.  I made an effort to send them each positive loving energy and kindness.  It can't be easy to be in so much pain.  Exercise sucks bad enough, trying to do it with physical pain is a lot to ask.  I am saying a prayer today for all those who are in physical pain.  I hope that they find relief and are able to move without limitations.  For all who are not in pain, please take advantage of your gifts and exercise/move today for those who cannot.

I was so into the post I almost forgot the FITNESS MOVE, you should be so lucky...

FITNESS MOVE OF THE DAY
In honor of all those in pain, here is something painful :)

The Full Roll Up
Lay on the floor with your arms extended above your head.  If it is painful to lay on the floor sit in a chair and tighten your abdominal muscles 10 times for 30 seconds each.  If you can lay on the floor without pain take a deep breath exhale, float your arms to the ceiling and do a full roll up to a seated position.  Inhale at the top and exhale back down slowly.  Do this move 5 times.  If you have pain only move in a pain free range.  Remember that pain is your body's way of saying that something is wrong.  The 'no pain, no gain' philosophy is a joke.


Keep Moving

No comments:

Post a Comment