WELCOME TO EXERCISE SUCKS

To read this blog you must agree that exercise sucks but that being unhealthy sucks worse! No exercise freaks allowed.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

YOUR BEST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH

"Do your best," is what I tell my kids. I constantly tell my sons, "all that matters is that you do your best and have fun." Unfortunately, this is not the message I send to myself.  My internal message sounds more like, "you need to do way better, try harder or you are going to fail and look stupid again." How can there be such a huge discrepancy between what I tell the people I love and what I tell myself?  ugh.  No wonder it's so hard to find the motivation to exercise.  Thankfully, this morning I was overcome with a sense of peace and calm.  I had a momentary thought of, "Kim just do your best, that's all anyone expects of you."  It was amazing.  I am a spiritual person so I attribute the message to God cutting me a break this morn,whatever it was- fewft.  Today, because of the kind message, I have simply been reminding myself to "do my best."  With the mean monster messages on vacation for the day, I have been more energized and moving my body more. Interesting...


FITNESS MOVE OF THE DAY
Sitting straight up in a chair extend one leg.  Move the foot of the extended leg,with the point of movement being the ankle- flex the foot towards your head and point it away from your head. Do this 15 times.  Breath deep each time.  Alternate and extend the other leg and do 15 flex/point moves with that foot.  Keep your stomach muscles tight the entire time if you can.  If your low back hurts don't put your leg up very high.


Keep Moving

No comments:

Post a Comment